A simple, healthy and very tasty quiche recipe that can be adapted to suit whatever is in your fridge at the time! Great to serve cold or warm, this is a regular for dinner and also leftovers in our house.
- 3/4 cup cheese, grated
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 rashes shortcut bacon, or 100g ham, chopped
- 80g self raising flour
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 and 1/4 cup milk (or natural yoghurt, or combination of both)
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 180 degrees
- Grease a quiche or pie dish
- Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl, and carefully stir until combined
- Gently pour bowl contents into the greased quiche dish
- Bake in oven for approximately 40-45 minutes, or until golden and centre is firm to touch
The above is the basic ingredients list. For the one pictured above, I used all milk and added chopped capsicum. You could also add corn, cherry tomatoes, spring onion, mushrooms, tuna - whatever you have on hand!