Chick peas are a great source of fibre and protein, so these make a great filling and nutritious snack! They're perfect for adding to a trail mix, and they're a favourite of ours to pack for after school sports.
- 1 x 400g tin chick peas
- 2 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Empty the tin of chick peas and rinse well
- Lay them on a baking tray and dry thoroughly with paper towel
- The skins will start to come away, separate them and peel off the others - this will ensure they're extra crispy, but feel free to skip this part
- Bake in oven on 180 degrees for 15 minutes
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl
- After 15 minutes, take out the chick peas, give them a good shake and pour the coconut oil mix on top.
- Make sure they're all coated, and then put back in oven for another 15 minutes
- Once 15 minutes is up, turn the oven off but leave the chickpeas in there with the door ajar (prolonging the cooling process helps with the crunch!)
* Pictured in the Go Green Snack Box