Shop by Category
Shop by Brand
This is a new, refined sugar free recipe that's fast become a staple at our place. Especially since school's out!
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbs cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup water
- Put all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat and stir until mixture is smooth
- Leave to cool, then pour into container/glass jar and store in the fridge
- Makes approx 4-6 milkshakes
- Add 2-3 tbs syrup in a glass of cold milk and enjoy!
My kid's new favourite banana bread, and it's the most simplest I've ever made! Six basic ingredients and refined-sugar free, you won't regret whipping this one up. Perfect for freezing and packing in the lunchboxes.
- 3 large bananas - the older, the better
- 1/3-1/2 cup dates
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 3/4 cups self raising flour
- Put all ingredients except the flour in a food processor or Thermomix and blitz on high speed for 20 seconds.
- Pour into a bowl, add flour and stir gently until just combined
- Pour into a loaf tin and bake in 160 degree oven for approx 45-50 minutes or until skewer comes out clean
This is a weekly staple at our place. Kids love it, adults love it and there's nothing better than the smell of freshly made oven baked muesli taking over your house on the weekend. Highly recommend giving it a go!
You can watch how I make it here.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup puffed rice
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix
- Pour onto a lined baking tray and spread into a single layer
- Bake in 160 degree oven for 7 mins
- Mix edges into centre to prevent burning
- Put back into oven for a further 7 mins
- Top with toasted coconut flakes and a mix of sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- Leave to cool then serve
Hello! Want to know a bit about me and how I got to be here at Lunchbox Mini?
I'm Anna and I'm the proud chief Mum-boss here at Lunchbox Mini. In 2011 I went on 12 months maternity leave, not knowing that it would actually turn into 7 kind-of-long but kind-of-quick years of "home duties"...